frSky fan stuck with a DX7.. what to do?

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Re: frSky fan stuck with a DX7.. what to do?

Postby kneedrag » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:19 am

Done most of it feedback appreciated. Pictures could do with improvement but I took them on 3 hours sleep. If something does not make sense please let me know and I will try to explain it better.
kneedrag

Postby funtana » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:38 am

Good info thanks, if i convert my dx7 i would just stick with the frsky, so do you think there would be any problem if i transfer the ufl connecter to the frsky board and use the original spektrum aeriel.
funtana

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:17 am

Shouldn't be a problem -- just make sure you are careful removing the UFL connector - try to lift it straight up rather than just prizing up one side so that it tilts. They're frail little things.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby kneedrag » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:04 am

If I had known I was going to blow my DX7 tx board I would have done exactly that and removed the DX7 tx board. However I had already drilled all the holes etc.

But when I have a few spare moments I might do exactly that so I only have one antenna.
kneedrag

Postby funtana » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:17 pm

I didn't think it would be a problem but thought id'e just check, there are two reasons why i would want to retain the original aeriel, first being of course neatness, the second one is that here in the uk even though the frsky system appears to be fully c/e compliant we have people we call them the c/e police who like to query and moan on about any modifications that are done to equipment, so if im'e attending a fly in my dx7 would look perfectly normal and not liable to attract the attention of the c/e police, i am not trying to do something illegal the frsky system is c/e compliant,
why am i contemplating converting my dx7 to frsky? i am also convinced there is a flaw in the system and not from heresay or reading bruce's conclusions, i have witnessed to many unexplained crashes for them all to be the operaters fault, and while i have had no problems myself im'e sure that eventually i will.
funtana

Postby miche » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi,
Anyone tried to connect the FrSky hack diy module thru the DX7 trainer port?. I did successfully capture ppm signal with DX6i trainer port but I have no luck DX7. Please, let me know if you find out?. Thanks
miche

Previous

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks