Spectrum Radio Binding.

If you've got a problem then you can ask here and either I or others will likely come to your rescue.

Spectrum Radio Binding.

Postby ballsey » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:44 am

Bruce are you able to tell when you bind a Specktrum DSM2 Tx to the Rx does the Rx transmitte back to Tx. Can you explane the process for me.
ballsey

Re: Spectrum Radio Binding.

Postby Startazz » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:06 pm

After you have done the binding process you should get a solid orange light on your RX mate,
after that take the bind plug out of your RX and you should be ready to go but i always disconnect
the battery from the ESC/RX and then turn off my TX for a short while then plug it all in again
just to make sure everything is good to go then do your rang test,
i take it you do know how to do the binding process??
IT'S BETTER TO DIE A TIGER THAN TO DIE AS A PUSSY!
Startazz

Postby ballsey » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:55 pm

I know all that, what I want to know is during the binding process is the receiver (Rx) transmitting a signal to the Transmitter (Tx). I'm trying to get my head around the MAAA (Australia) M.O.P's. I understand that the Tx needs to comply but I want to know if the receiver at any point transmitted a signal during the binding Process.

These new Rx's that HobbyKing has released are DSM2 compatible and therefore are a technology which is allowable. It also states that equipment used for the controlling of the model must have the appropriate certification marking as well. But our servos, which we use to control the model, don't. So if the Rx transmitted a signal I would understand why it might need to have the correct markings on them.

So the Question is, does the receiver transmit any signal during the binding process?

Link for MAAA MOP for 2.4 ghz.
http://www.maaa.asn.au/maaa/mop/policy/ ... IPMENT.pdf
Last edited by ballsey on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ballsey

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:11 am

I'm not sure that the receiver does transmit anything -- but I don't have a DSM2 system here to check.

I know that the transmitter listens to the band before allocating its channels and I think the receiver then simply scans for the chosen channels and then locks to them.

Modelmatch works by transmitting the model-memory number along with each packet of data and at binding, the receiver remembers that model-memory. Any incoming data that doesn't have both the correct GUID (transmitter ID) and model memory number is ignored.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby ballsey » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:28 am

Thanks Bruce, that's a start. Will do a little more research. I don't totally understand why the 2.4 Rx's need the C-tick (or whether they Don't), when you can use any old make or model the 36mhz don't. I'm only concerned if this might void my MAAQ/ MAAA insurance. I just want to do the right thing.
ballsey

Postby aesmith » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:42 pm

I can't find the reference now, but I think I read that the receiver "replies" during the binding process, so that the transmitter knows whether to use DSM2 or DSM. It was on another forum under discussion of the 3rd party receivers so may not be authoritative.
aesmith

Postby ballsey » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:47 pm

Slowly getting all the pieces together. still researching as well. But now have a new direction to go in now.
ballsey

Return to Help Needed