HobbyKing/HobbyCity

Have you had really good or really bad service from a supplier? Tell everyone here.

Re: HobbyKing/HobbyCity

Postby Flash1940 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi Folks....
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
IMHO concerning HC.....I feel their business volume has exceeded their ability to keep up with the demand and also control quality. There is more "BK" than ever before. I have no idea how large their volume is......but it looks to me like the small factories over there just can't keep up. Another thing.....I would say that many of the shops that manufacture the products we buy for our model aircraft hobby are fairly high-tech. These shops are also able to....or may be mandated to manufacture military products. Who knows what their issues really are. The truth always comes to the top.....just like cream....

Flash
Flash1940

Postby suchislife » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:44 am

It seems HK is moving towards designing / manufacturing their own products, removing the middle man. It would mean lower price, bigger profit margin, more control over production (less backorder). I've not tried any of the new esc or motors but HK insist they are better quality. I am hopeful but we'll have to see. I'll order an NTM motor soon.
Sopwith Camels Rule!
suchislife

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:06 pm

Sidewinder wrote:I'd be willing to bet, however, that if anyone of us could speak to Jason privately he would probably admit his mistake and wish he had never done it. I'm not justifying his actions, only speculating that sometimes we all let our emotions influence decisions; then 20/20 hind-site kicks in as we proceed to kick ourselves in the but. Keep up the good work.

I told Anthony Hand (is that Jason's real name?) that I was prepared to continue offering *free* support via HK's forums any time he was willing to reinstate the .sig link. I'll leave it up to him to decide if/when that's acceptable.

BTW, a while back you mentioned putting together a "How-To" on programming and configuring the Turnigy 9X, V2 transmitter, is that still in the works?

Yes -- it's almost done, just going to get someone to walk through the manual with a radio and verify that I haven't made any mistakes.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby hhitchings » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:39 am

I had ordered a transmitter from HK and from date ordered to the package showing up at my door was about 3 weeks to Cleveland Ohio USA
hhitchings

Postby bmsweb » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:11 pm

I've had mixed results. I've been purchasing from HK for the last 4 weeks and also ebay. Some items have arrived within a week and other have taken 3 weeks. Mind you Im a Platinum Member Customer Type with HK now :lol: Hope the wife doesn't find out
bmsweb

Postby McHannemann » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:46 pm

BTW, a while back you mentioned putting together a "How-To" on programming and configuring the Turnigy 9X, V2 transmitter, is that still in the works?
Yes -- it's almost done, just going to get someone to walk through the manual with a radio and verify that I haven't made any mistakes.

Hi Bruce,
if you want I can have a run through it with my T9X

Thorsten
McHannemann

Postby ergocentric » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:50 pm

If someone sends me a T9x, I'll do it. ;)
I wrote many an assembly manual, one more shouldn't hurt.
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby blindvision » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:48 am

RCModelReviews wrote:....
I told Anthony Hand (is that Jason's real name?) that I was prepared to continue offering *free* support via HK's forums any time he was willing to reinstate the .sig link. I'll leave it up to him to decide if/when that's acceptable.

With a big smile on my face, Jason as Jason5001 ?
-pretty sure I read a post by Anthony about Jason had to go do something else for a while, -can't remember what it was.

Happy to see that even with a totally free forum, You people still like HK -even when they have massive products in backorder

-Troels aka BlindVision (same guy from HK forum -check)
blindvision

Postby Yellowirenut » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:16 pm

MY ESC has been on back order for I think 3 weeks now, holding up the rest of the my shipment. I see that about 1/3 of the pages are now back-order items. Is the flooding and other bad weather causing the problem with the factories or is this normal for HK?

I was surprised to find out hobby king's parent co. just does not slap there sticker on items but they actually DO the manufacturing. Along with Turnigy

http://www.exit44rc.com/hextronik-limited/
Yellowirenut

Postby quarry44 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:12 pm

If HK manufacutres Turnigy products,why is the $40 tx always on backorder?I think it's more likely they buy in the parts,and only assemble the items they sell under those brands.I don't call that manufacture.
So what is the difference between out of stock and back ordered?Their stocks of Frsky stuff are pitiful at the mo.
quarry44

PreviousNext

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)