Is Turnigy 9x has better quality control

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Is Turnigy 9x has better quality control

Postby imumang » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:08 am

Hi, I am a beginner in RC. I have already ordered my first radio turnigy 9x from hobbyking which is in backorder. While waiting for tx to come in stock, I found flysky 9x on leaderhobby in stock. I am wondering both are almost same tx but does hobbyking has better QC or shall I go with flysky 9x which is in stock. Is there any known issues with flysky over Turnigy. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
imumang

Re: Is Turnigy 9x has better quality control

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:01 am

Hi
The leaderhobby one does have the advantage that the module can be removed, so you could use a frsky module without the surgery required to remove the wired in Tx module on the Turnigy.
The units probably come from the same production line so the QC issues are likely to be the same.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby imumang » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:32 am

Thanks, instead of waiting for Turnigy I have just ordered flysky 9x. Thanks for your advice
imumang

Postby westy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:27 pm

Hey There,

I ordered the one on Leadershobby (I have bought heaps off them before) .... but then after about 5 minutes found that is is not the same. It is only version 1.... not the V2 on hobby king.

... SO I IMMEDIATELY CANCELLED MY ORDER WITH LEADERS HOBBY

You can see the 2 aerials on the Flysky one ..... and the RX does not have the red wrap on it.

If you have a look at the RC reviews authors review on the differences, then I would save my money and wait it out for the back order off Hobby king. (that is what I am doing) , I also purchased the backlight kit, Usb programmer (for flashing to ER9X firmware).

Cheers,
Westy - New Zealand
westy

Postby imumang » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:47 pm

Hi Westy,

This is something new to me. As I know V1 and V2 has something to do with firmware not the hardware itself. If you are going to flash er9x firmware, does it makes any difference that you choose V1 or V2 transmitter? I am learning. Thanks
imumang

Postby pldb64 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:56 am

If you're planning on using the extra daughter board provided by smartiesparts to enable the firmware flashing, then yes it does make a difference as apparently the V1 h/w requires some additional mods. These extra mods are detailed on the website. If however you're planning on doing the mods yourself, then you'll just want to make sure that you follow the instructions for a V1 variant. I've only seen V2 variants but that doesn't mean V1 option isn't still workable.
Turnigy 9x, FrSky 2-Way/Telemetry DHT DIY, Smartieparts BRD, ER9x FW
AXN-Floater (stock esc, motor & prop, HK orange 9g servos)
pldb64

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:10 am

I didn't realise that Flysky were still selling stock version 1 boards a year after version 2 came out. :o
Maybe the illustration is a photograph that the sellers haven't updated. :!:
When you change production you usually don't keep producing old stock they actually make the new Turnigy version so.
there is a good possibility it will be the version 2 Tx board and receiver. :)
If not the re-flashing requires only the serial clock line to be soldered to a different point and a serial programmer to be used as detailed in the 9x software update.
Last edited by BillGriffiths100 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby imumang » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:57 pm

Any ways my fly sky radio is shipped and have to wait till it gets delivered. Let it come, then I will confirm with you guys about v1 or v2. By the way any one has any idea of how long it takes to get stuff delivered from china to UK.
imumang

Postby imumang » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:01 pm

P.s. I contacted leaderhobby.com customer support to confirm v1 or v2. They replied it's v2. I asked about firmware version. They replied it has no firmware. Very funny isn't it?
imumang

Postby ergocentric » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:01 pm

imumang wrote:They replied it has no firmware. Very funny isn't it?

I would say that is typical of customer support, they don't know or they don't want to say.

MOST customers don't need to know things like that.

I would imagine the vast majority of customers will only use the transmitter for a year or so, and never notice it's limitations.
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Next

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)