Having Problems with FrSky Update to my 9x - Help :(

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Having Problems with FrSky Update to my 9x - Help :(

Postby bmsweb » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:23 am

Finally installed a Frsky module in my 9x and when putting it in bind mode the TX LED Flashes as it should, but no luck at the receiver. Im using the following module and recievers.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=16675

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=16675

Can't get the LED flashing on the receiver at all. Any thoughts and wisdom would be much appreciated
bmsweb

Re: Having Problems with FrSky Update to my 9x - Help :(

Postby Keith » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:26 am

Are you holding the button on the Rx as you put power...? You should see a green light in the Rx when its bound...
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby bmsweb » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:34 am

Isn't the red light supposed to be also flashing? The Red and Green both stay on when I power up the receiver with the button pressed. Am I supposed to power a specific channel?
bmsweb

Postby bmsweb » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:11 am

Worked out the Problem . . The White Receivers are the two way type! So no chance of my Module working :( Bugger I should have read the description a little more carefully. In any case I've just put in another order this time for Express Postage for 2 Two Way Modules . . . man feeling pretty stupid at the moment :(
bmsweb

Postby Sid Sideslip » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:17 am

Don't sweat it, as the old saying goes, anyone who has never made a mistake has never made anything.
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
Sid Sideslip

Postby bmsweb » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:23 am

Sid Sideslip wrote:Don't sweat it, as the old saying goes, anyone who has never made a mistake has never made anything.

Thanks Sid,

I've got some pretty exciting projects happening at the moment will share soon :) How is the FPVing going?
bmsweb

Postby Keith » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:01 am

You put the wrong link for the module... I take it it is not the DIY one... If it had been you can switch from one way to two way and use any Frsky receivers...
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby Sid Sideslip » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:21 am

bmsweb wrote:
Sid Sideslip wrote:Don't sweat it, as the old saying goes, anyone who has never made a mistake has never made anything.

Thanks Sid,

I've got some pretty exciting projects happening at the moment will share soon :) How is the FPVing going?

Sounds intriguing.

The FPV system is on the back-burner atm, while I finish a couple of other models* . I have a separate axn for it and all the gear, with the exception of the new antennas, which I have yet to make.

* Speaking of mistakes, I totally cocked-up attaching the aileron hinges on a sports plane and had thin CA glue wick everywhere. Talk about "wikileaks", lol. :lol:

Oh well, live and learn.
Sid Sideslip

Postby bmsweb » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:55 pm

I know the feeling with CA lol

Man all I can say is thank god yesterday is over. It was the day from hell, I honestly couldn't do anything right at all . . I should have just stayed at work it would have been so much safer lol I'm planning on doing a Skew Planer and Clover antenna build video soon too, I've got pretty good at them since I've made a number of them. Hopefully I can get some good videos up :)
bmsweb

Postby Sid Sideslip » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:34 am

bmsweb wrote: I'm planning on doing a Skew Planer and Clover antenna build video soon too, I've got pretty good at them since I've made a number of them. Hopefully I can get some good videos up :)

Look forward to it. Your videos have been very helpful. :-)
Sid Sideslip

Next

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks