Getting my Turnigy 9 transmitter working on the Areofly sim?

If you've got a problem then you can ask here and either I or others will likely come to your rescue.

Getting my Turnigy 9 transmitter working on the Areofly sim?

Postby allearth2 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:53 pm

Hello community !

Newbie here. I'm trying to figure out why my Turnigy 9 transmitter will not read my Areofly delux simulator on the mac ? I have the USB cable from hobbyking FUNFLY and the custom key that come from ikarus with the simulator.

error message:

AreoFly Professsional has located the USB interface cable, but unable to either find the transmitter connected to the USB interface or joystick connected to the Gameport.

The only reaction I get is the LCD lights up once I plug in the cable. The transmitter is set to Trainer.

Your help would be appreciated if any has the some problem with this or particular with this transmitter model ?

Thanks again.
Last edited by allearth2 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
allearth2

Re: Getting my Turnigy 9 transmitter working on the Areofly

Postby kaptain_zero » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:04 am

Unplug the module on the back. Yes, it will dangle due to the coax wire but that should get it working. If it works, there is a mod where you cut a trace and add a resistor inside the radio so that you don't have to pull the module, but do the check first before doing the modification as some radios don't need it apparently.

Regards

Christian
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby kaptain_zero » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:16 pm

The transmitter is set to Trainer.

I just realized I hadn't addressed this part of the question. There is no need to set the transmitter to trainer mode to use it for simulator use. When set to Trainer mode, the port on the back of the radio expects signals coming in and it probably turns off outgoing signals on that port, which is what you need, to control a simulator program.

I just plug the interface cable into my 9x and the USB end into the computer. I also found it helpful to program in a very basic model memory to work with the simulator.

Regards

Christian
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby allearth2 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:00 pm

Christian,

Thanks for getting back. I did take the module out on the back without any success :( I also addressed the transmitter setting concerning the trainer. This did not help either. I'm still trying to get my head around this and figuring out what I'm missing here ?

Much appreciated !
allearth2

Postby allearth2 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:13 pm

Christian,

I would be interested as to find out what system you running your Areofly with your Turnigy 9 and in particular what settings you have on you transmitter and Areofly advanced setting for the transmitter ?

Thank you !
allearth2

Postby kaptain_zero » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:23 am

I'm afraid I don't use Aerofly, so I am of no help there. There are no particular settings I use on my radio, I have flashed the latest version of ER9X, I have modified my Turnigy 9x to use the FrSky hack module and I installed a Smartie Parts board to do the ER9X flashing. That is pretty much it, all I did after that was create a basic 4ch model in memory that I use for my simulator.

As for my computer, while I normally use Linux, I do have an old copy of XP on one of my hard disks and I simply boot to that when I wish to run a windows based Simulator. I purchased a copy of Clearview which works with a basic USB controller but I was able to use my 9x with a usb converter cable that apparently also works for Realflight G4/G5?!?! I got the cable/adapter from DealExtreme.

I would suggest taking this further with Ikarus. as I assume that is where you purchased your copy/license of Aerofly. As I mentioned, other than pulling the module out, there should be no need to do anything else with the radio itself. I have no idea if Aerofly needs something special from the radio itself...

Regards

Christian
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Return to Help Needed