Turnigy nano-tech

Discussion on reviews of all things related to electric-powered models

Turnigy nano-tech

Postby baner » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:59 am

Hi I am a newbie here but I will cut to the chase I have bought from Hobby King numerous batterys. But just lately they have not been replacing their TURNIGY batteries but with the new one.Turnigy nano-tech so I have decided to buy 4 of these 2 Turnigy nano-tech 3300mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack
And 2 Turnigy nano-tech 2200mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack
I am sending them to my brother in Sussex where there is a big flying club and some old lads that test all of the new stuff they can get their hands on so hopefully they will try these to the limit.
baner

Re: Turnigy nano-tech

Postby Jakob01 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:52 am

I had two 2S 6000 mah Nanotechs that puffed a bit when used in a E-Revo Brushless. I had one 6S 3000 mah Nanotech puff in a T-Rex 500 Helicopter. I had 4 tiny 1S 300 mah Nanotech lipos fail miserably in a micro heli. I am not a fan of Nanotech lipos because of all these failures on the ones I had, no matter how cheap they are. Ever since I started flying RC helis, I've been looking around at what the pro flyers use. 3D heli flyers abuse lipos more than in any other kind of RC, on par with some extremely high performance RC boats. And for those 3D heli pros there seems to be only two kinds of lipos, Thunder Power for the richer dudes and Gens Ace for the less fortunate dudes. I'm a less fortunate dude so I'll be going with Gens Ace when I get new lipos.
Jakob01

Postby Merf » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:10 am

Experiences with NanoTech batteries are not universally negative. I own and regularly use 14 Nano-Tech batteries ranging from 2S-4S, 1300-4200mah, and 25C-45C. I bought the first ones when they first came out (3S 2200mah), and all my NanoTechs still work fine. I probably don't push my batteries as hard as some of the heli pilots do, but at least in my hands Nanotechs have a good track record.
Merf

Postby CaronH » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:00 am

Tata Motors has verified, going to be brought to the United States in the future. It definitely won't be the $2,500 bare-bones affair sold in India, but rather designed to meet regulations to be sold and it will be a little more expensive, but still inexpensive. Click here for more info.
CaronH

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:40 am

The above is spam!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Return to Electric (motors, batteries, ESCs, chargers etc)