Recommended receiver

Nicad, NiMH, Lithium, A123? If it's transmitter or receiver batteries you want to talk about, do it in this forum.

Recommended receiver

Postby foxface » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:54 am

Dear Sir
As a complete newbie to rc air craft, I would like to have a go at the ANX Jet floater.
I have a Spectrum DX6i, which I use for my 350 qx, but I would like some advice on which Spektrum receiver to use with the ANX and the DX6.
I am going to use the parts recommended by Bruce for the rest of the installation.
My Kindest Regards.
foxface
foxface

Re: Recommended receiver

Postby deaconFlyer » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:25 pm

I think the field may be pretty wide open and your decision may depend on what is readily available to you and at what price.

I may stand to be corrected but an older model DX6 was limited to the AR6000 receiver only. The DX6i is DSM2 ... and doorways open.

You can go with any of the 4+ channel Spektrum units, or even consider some of the Orange (or other types of fruit) receivers that are out there. Hey, for under $25 there are receivers with stabilization built in (even mentioning that can be an invitation to flames on any BBS.) You are simply looking for DSM2 compatibility.

As long as it will bind to your transmitter, you are probably gold. I might avoid some of the ParkFlyer mini-receivers since the AXN will probably get out there in terms of range. I have one plane (a Bixler) with a switch-able stabilizer system and it becomes a dream to land with an erratic cross-wind at the throw of a switch.

Make sure whatever you buy has a receiver set-able fail-safe.

Enjoy ...
----
Luke 6:38
deaconFlyer

Re: Recommended receiver

Postby foxface » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:07 am

Tnx Deacon for your advice, will checkout what Spektrum have offer.
Regards
Foxface
foxface

Return to Receiver/transmitter Batteries